Blythe Valley Park, Solihull, United Kingdom. The home of our three UK offices. And although they’re all different, they’re all unmistakably…us. The colour schemes, exposed elements, the wall finishes. It’s Gymshark, no question. But what else makes our offices one of the best places to work in the world? (Disclaimer: we might be biased).
- All three buildings feature biophilic design (a fancy term for lots of indoor plants).
A bright idea
- We have a state-of-the-art lighting system which uses PoE (Power over Ethernet). This means the lighting needs a lot less cabling and resource and makes it way more efficient. It also means our property team can reduce lighting for areas which aren’t being used and do other stuff, like adjusting the lighting temperature for different times of the day to reduce eye strain.
- We use an HID security system to keep everyone safe, whichever office they’re in.
Home and away
- We have Zoom stations and booths throughout all the office spaces to help support hybrid working. Whether we’re in the office or working from home, we can always work collaboratively.
The best part of the day
- In Refuel, our canteen, we partner with a reputable third party to help make sure we source local ingredients wherever possible.
- We have full waste recycling and segregation on all three sites to help minimise any waste sent to landfill.
Health and wellbeing
- The Gymshark Lifting Club can be used for free by all staff, and we also have a cycle to work scheme.
We’re Very Good, BREEAM said so
- BREEAM is a rating system for a building’s sustainability, and as part of our promise to our planet, GSIQ is certified ‘Very Good’. The rating includes an external assessment of a building, looking at a specific set of sustainability requirements such as accessibility, energy and water consumption, waste management, lighting, usage, and after care. If you want to find out more, go here.
What does it mean for Gymshark?
As part of our commitment to our planet, we’ve achieved a Very Good rating for our new GSIQ building and our Regent Street store is pending the final assessment, which puts them in the top 25% of new, non-domestic buildings. We’re also working to reach this rating with any future developments and renovations, too.
To find out more info on how BREEAM works, go here.
Basically, this all makes sure that our EMS gives us an actionable plan to manage, monitor, and reduce our environmental footprint.
And it’s not just something we’ve created ourselves with no one else to confirm it. Because we will be certified to ISO14001, our system will be externally verified and audited. So, just like a training buddy keeps you accountable for your workouts, the ISO14001 holds us accountable for everything we do.
How we deal with waste on our UK campus
As part of our commitment to our planet, we’ve partnered with Veolia (a waste management company) to make sure all of our campus waste is diverted from landfill. This includes having full waste recycling and segregation on all three sites (GSHQ, GSLC, and GSIQ).
We’ve also removed multiple sources of single use plastic, replacing them with compostable cardboard instead, like our food boxes in Refuel (our staff canteen).
To make this all official and make sure we’re staying transparent, we’re also developing formal waste and recycling targets for us to report against. And as always, we’ll share these with you as soon as they’re confirmed.